Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Taekwondo

This week I decided to challenge myself to try and found out an event in the olympics that I don't know about and write about it. There were so many events that I didn't know much about but my final decision was Taekwondo.

I did some research to find some facts about this particular sport and this is what I discovered. This sport is a Korean martial art and its also the national sport of South Korea. It's also used by the South Korean military as part of trainings. I was surprised when I herd that. 

It has heaps of moves in it like blocking, kicking, punching and open handed strikes as well as take downs and many more.

This sport is mainly about self defence and its really good for fitness training. Its probably my favourite event in the 2012 olympics.

Its so popular that its seen in movies with Chuck Norris, Jean Claude Van Damme and Tony Jaa as well as many action Hong Kong films.

I just can't wait till the olympics Taekwondo begins its gonna be exciting. Good luck to all the people competing in The 2012 olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment