Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My Rugby Game

Jephte:(That's me! “YEEAH BUDDY” I shouted to my brother “Guess what?”
Jonathan: “What?” He whispered quietly.
Jephte: “I'm playing for varsity today!’’
Jonathan: “Ooh cool.’’
Jephte: “Yeah I know aye’’
Jonathan: “So what position are you playing?”
Jephte: “Ummm I’m not sure yet” I answered “But I would like it if I play right winger... Ooh I will talk to you later, I'm going to get ready now.
Jonathan: “Ok good luck” He says with a big smile.
Jephte: “Thanks bro”


So I walked into the bathroom, brushed my teeth, had a shower then I got changed. After that I got my gear ready and packed it in my backpack. I was about to leave because I was in a hurry then my mum came and gave me twelve dollars for my lunch because I didn't have any breakfast. I said bye to my mum and then I took off to Nez’s house. We both attend the same school and he’s in my class. Nez is the one that got me to play for for varsity.


When I arrived at Nez’s place I knocked on the door and Nez was still sleeping but his sister woke him up. Nez woke up and came to the door to say hi.
“Come in” said Nez, I went in and Nez gave me our teams jersey, I already had rugby shorts. Nez had a quick shower, he put his uniform on and we left. The next place we went was at the shops to buy some drinks, lollies, and butter chicken pies mmm.

Next we went to Aidan's house he's also one of our mates so we picked him up then we headed off to our rugby game but Aidan was not playing today.

When we got there we saw Mrs Wild she is a teacher at our school and she helps the rugby team with transport and other things.
“Hello” she shouted with excitement. “Jephte are you playing today?” she asked
“yes” I replied.
“Thats great” she said. “Ok let me introduce you to the team.” When she introduced me to the team I was happy because all my teammates were kind and welcoming. Suddenly the coach, Toni, came and told us our game was not starting for two hours.
“TWO HOURS?” “what are we gonna do for the next two hours?” Nez said,
“We should do some training” Mrs Wild replied.
“Thats a good idea” said Toni. Mrs wild went and got the team some hot chips, it was funny because we were about to have a game. So we ate the chips and we did more training before the other team turned up.
“Yes finally they are here.” “Come in” Toni shouted. He told everyone their positions and I was playing right wing. When I heard my position I jogged on the field nervously because it was my first time to play for varsity.

When we got on the fielD the ref told us the rules for the day. Then they kicked off and the game started. I saw the ball going down as fast as a bullet, caught it and sprinted as fast as I could by the sideline, fended of the first two people off then NEK MINNIT  I was flying because I got hit  by a guy bigger than a mountain. I stood up fast, quickly passed the ball to the center he runned as fast as he could.

“Yo yo over here” shouted Junior the biggest guy in our team. Junior got the ball and he run throw the other team like a huge bulldozer and scored one try for us. We started off good but then we started losing because we were missing a lot of tackles. The first half finished, we had five they had eight.

“Came in team shouted” Toni so we all jogged in and had a little team meeting. Toni told as to work had on our tackles and share the ball. So we went back on the field and it was our kickoff to them. Brand is our captain and also our kicker. He booted the ball and we all chased Nez jumped up and caught it then he passed it to me, I sprinted but then I step out I was so close to getting a runaway try. Everyone in our team started sharing the ball and making their tackles and we even caught up to the other team and went passed it we had twelve and they still had eight. But then they started scoring again and they went passed us.

Unfortunately we did not win the game but we still had heaps of fun and none of us got injured.

No comments:

Post a Comment